The Welsh Government is still considering whether or not to call in plans for a huge housing development near Penarth.
Plans for 567 homes on land at Upper Cosmeston Farm have already been given Vale Council’s seal of approval and calling it in would cause progress to stall.
The land for the development was put up for sale by the Welsh Government last year, with the then-minister for climate change, Julie James, saying the Welsh Government was encouraging bidders to create energy efficient and sustainable homes.
Vale Council has also put itself forward as part of a partnership to build the homes on site.
A Welsh Government document titled, ‘Welsh Government Planning Decisions Branch Casework’, was updated on Friday, showing the call-in request for the development to still be under consideration by a senior officer.
The call-in was made in November 2020.
A Welsh Government spokesperson said: “The call-in request is under active consideration by officials and a decision will issue in due course.”
Planning applications are usually dealt with by councils, but the Welsh Government can step in in certain circumstances.
Applications are usually called in if issues arise that are considered to be of more than local importance.
These issues can include things like causing regional or national controversy; being in conflict with national planning policies; raising issues of national security; and being likely to significantly affect areas of scientific, natural or historical importance.
The applicant or any other interested party can write to the Welsh Government to request a call in.

Concerns about the Upper Cosmeston Farm scheme were raised by a county councillor representing Sully, Cllr Kevin Mahoney, who said it would put pressure on services in an area which is already “chock-a-block”.
Some residents are also concerned about the loss of agricultural land and the impact that developing on green space will have.
Those who are in support of the development argue that there is a need for more housing in the county and point to 50% of the proposed new homes being affordable.

Barry Man’s 190‑Mile Charity Walk Reaches Day Two as He Heads Home to the Town That Changed His Life
Hepatitis A Vaccination Programme Launched for Young Children in Barry Amid Ongoing Local Cases
Barry Councillor Urges Local Chapels to Help Update Wales‑Wide Heritage Project
Dispersal Order issued at Cosmeston as council warns of ‘extremely dangerous’ behaviour
Three Rescues in 24 Hours as RNLI Barry Dock Urges Caution Around Sully Island
Police Investigate ATM Theft in Cowbridge After Pensioner Targeted
Break‑In at St Athan Community Centre Forces Volunteers to Divert Funds from Upcoming Events
Vale Students Celebrate Strong A and AS Level Results
Llantwit Major School Celebrates Record-Breaking A Level Success
Senedd recess: What have the Welsh political parties been up to so far?
Vueling withdraws winter flights to Aicante this winter
Playground in Barry forced to close after fire damages equipment
Campaigners Take Fight for Fairer Pathways in Welsh Women’s Football to Parliament
Vale Councillor Gwyn John Launches His First Novel at Llantwit Major Book Signing
Pink poppy display commences with celebration of life
Former Barry office block converted into new homes for people at risk of homelessness
Welsh Government publishes independent report on Level 4 intervention at Cardiff and Vale UHB
Three CoastSnap stations set to be installed along the Glamorgan Heritage Coast
Daffodil Runner statue installed at Marie Curie Hospice in Penarth
Woman Dies After Incident in Leckwith as Police Investigation Continues